Anti- Sexual Harassment Cell
As per the guidelines of UGC, NAAC and the Supreme Court, an Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell has been established by AIWA College to provide a healthy and congenial atmosphere to the staff and students of the College. The cell was constituted to meet the following basic objectives:
The functions and responsibilities of committee members
- To develop the guidelines and norms for a policy against sexual harassment.
- To develop principles and procedures for combating sexual harassment.
- To prepare a detailed plan of action, both short and long term.
Decisions & Procedure
- To organize awareness programmes and campaigns for the benefit of all members of the College on sexual harassment and gender-based discrimination;
- To Promote measures aimed at achieving gender equality, removal of gender bias or discrimination, sexual harassment and other acts of gender-based violence;
- To accomplish the directives and guidelines issued by the Supreme Court to create an academic and work environment that is free of sexual harassment or gender-based discrimination;
- To receive and redress complaints received from any member of the College (including students, research scholars, staff, hostel residents and outsiders on College premises) alleging sexual harassment by other member(s) of the College;
- To conduct formal inquiry and investigate and take decisions upon each complaint and recommend appropriate punishment or action to be taken, by the appropriate authority, in each instance;
- To provide the services of a professional or other expert in the course of performing its functions;
- To ensure that all information pertaining either to complaints registered and the proceedings and findings of any inquiries and/or investigations are kept strictly confidential;
- All decisions shall be taken by a simple majority.
- In the event of any conflict, the matter shall be referred to the Principal whose decision on the matter shall be final.
Dr. JUBAILIYA P
MUNEERA P. K
Convenor Associate Professor & Hea